Since PlayMaker contains confidential HIPAA information, it is designed to periodically log users out. The time period for that log out (or time out) can be decided upon and modified by an Administrator. The time period for the web app and mobile app can be set independently of one another, but are modified in the same location.
To modify the Time Out Settings for your account:
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of the PlayMaker web application.
- Click Time Out Settings in the Setup section of the Settings Links & Tools box on the left side of the window.
- In the Inactivity Log Out Settings window, change the drop-down menus to the values that you'd like for your team, choosing a time out period for both the web and mobile applications.
- Click the Save Settings button to immediately update the time out settings for your account.
Time Out Ranges
- Web: 2 minutes to 60 minutes
- Mobile: 30 minutes to 7 days
Note: Since mobile users access the application sporadically throughout the day, the longer time out settings provides fewer interruptions. However, given HIPAA information is contained within the mobile app, we strongly suggest that mobile users enable auto-lock on their device and have a password or Touch ID setup to unlock their device.