One common referral source type that users look for is Assisted Living Facility, or ALF. Unlike Home Health and Hospice agencies, ALFs don't appear in TargetWatch. TargetWatch displays data associated with Medicare claims (combined with the NPI registry), and ALFs don’t typically bill Medicare. To find ALFs, you would want to add the facility from the Referral Source Database. The steps below walk through finding ALFs and how to import them.
Steps to add from Referral Source Database:
- Mouse-over the Accounts link and click Add from Referral Source Database.
- Enter the City and State in which you would like to search for Referral sources, then click Search.
- After the search completes, filter the results by changing the Type dropdown to Nursing & Custodial Care Facilities, and changing the Classification dropdown to Assisted Living Facility. Then click the Go button under Classification.
- Once viewing the list of ALFs, check the boxes next to any facilities you want to add to your Accounts.
- Click the Add Selected to My Accounts button.
The resulting list should be all ALFs that are registered in the selected City, State or Zip Code. Keep in mind:
• Any accounts added from the Referral Source Database will be assigned to the user adding them to the database, so they may need to be reassigned later.
• Some facilities may not be listed in the location selected, as they register themselves and can be registered in another City, State or Zip Code.
• Some facilities may not be listed in the location selected as they may not have listed their Primary Taxonomy as Assisted Living Facility in the NPI Registry.