The TargetWatch interface provides access to several sets of data. Each set of data is represented on a tab at the top of the records table, just below the heat map. Clicking on a tab will bring the data to the front, making it the active tab. This article reviews the Home Health Practitioner tab.
The Year pull-down menu (just below the left side of the tabs) allows you to toggle to a specific year of data you have purchased. By default, the most recent set of data will be displayed.
Note: The Market Intelligence Data used in this program is derived largely from Medicare and is dependent on Medicare’s reporting. To determine the reporting period for the year selected, please refer to the TargetWatch Data: Reporting Periods article. If additional years are not available, they may not have been included with your TargetWatch purchase. Please contact your Client Success Manager with any questions.
Defining the table columns
In TargetWatch, the records (physicians or facilities) are presented in rows, with various columns of data for each record. Columns with a description with white text can be clicked to sort by that column. Clicking the column again will switch between ascending and descending order.
The following columns provide demographic, decile and count rankings in various categories for the physicians:
- Sub Reports: This area provides additional information about a physician in TargetWatch. Please see the Help Desk article Icon Key for Home Health & Hospice for more information on sub-reports.
- Assigned Owner(s): These are the sales representatives assigned to each physician in PlayMaker. This allows you to see at a glance whether a physician has been assigned a sales representative.
- NPI: This is the physician’s National Provider Identifier number, which is assigned to each physician that bills through Medicare.
- First, Middle and Last Name of Physician
- Referring Physician Admits Current Month*: This is the number of admissions stemming from a referral from this physician for the current month.
- Referring Physician Admits for Previous Month*: This is the number of admissions stemming from a referral from this physician for the previous month.
- Referring Physician Admits for Prior Month*: This is the number of admissions stemming from a referral from this physician for the prior month.
- Referring Physician Admits YTD*: This is the number of admissions stemming from a referral from this physician for the year to date.
- Referring Physician Prior Year Admits*: This is the number of admissions stemming from a referral from this physician for the prior year.
*Note: Unlike the other data displayed in TargetWatch, admission data does not come from CMS. Instead, this information is obtained from the referral information an agency enters PlayMaker and is unique to the subscribing agency. It is not shared with other agencies and is not provided to CMS or any other entity. For more information on how admission data populates into TargetWatch, please see our Help Desk article Referral Trends in TargetWatch.
- Total Patient Volume: This is a measurement of how many total Medicare-eligible patients each physician has.
- Total Patient Count: This is a count of the total number of unique Medicare-eligible patients each physician has. For patient privacy, the smallest number displayed in count columns is 11.
- All HHA: This is a measurement of the total volume of patients the physician refers to home health agencies.
- All HHA Count: This is a count of the total number of unique Medicare-eligible patients each physician has referred to home health. For patient privacy, the smallest number displayed in count columns is 11.
- Cancer Blood Vascular: This is a measurement of the physician’s patient volume for cancer, blood, and vascular issues.
- CHF Stroke COPD: This is a measurement of the physician’s patient volume for Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and stroke.
- Endo Wounds: This is a measurement of the physician’s patient volume for endocrinology and wounds.
- Ortho: This is a measurement of the physician’s patient volume for orthopedic issues.
- Urinary Kidney GI: This is a measurement of the physician’s patient volume for urinary, kidney and gastro-intestinal issues.
- Rank Type: This designates the source of the decile rankings represented in the respective tab. Options include county, state, and national. The most common designation will be county. However, if data is not available at that level, another level will be used.
- Non-Hospital Workload: This is a measurement of how much volume a physician has outside of a hospital setting (clinic, private practices, etc.).
- Primary Agency: This is the agency that receives referrals from the physician most often.
- Market Share: This is the percentage of that physician’s referral volume that goes to the Primary Agency.
- Number of Agencies above 5%: This is the total number of home health agencies that receive more than 5% of referrals from the physician and can be used as an indicator of a physician’s volume / loyalty to an agency.
- Number of Associated Agencies: This is the total number of home health agencies that the physician refers to.
- Credentials, Practitioner Type and Specialties: These are the credentials, title and the areas of specialty for each physician.
- County, Address, City, State, ZIP code, Phone: These are the demographic details tied to the NPI of each physician.
- Year: This is the year that the claims data was adjudicated.