The TargetWatch interface provides access to several sets of data. Each set of data is represented on a tab at the top of the records table, just below the heat map. Clicking on a tab will bring the data to the front, making it the active tab. This article reviews the IRF, LTAC and SNF tabs.
The Year pull-down menu (just below the left side of the tabs) allows you to toggle to a specific year of data you have purchased. By default, the most recent set of data will be displayed.
Note: The Market Intelligence Data used in this program is derived largely from Medicare and is dependent on Medicare’s reporting. To determine the reporting period for the year selected, please refer to the TargetWatch Data: Reporting Periods article. If additional years are not available, they may not have been included with your TargetWatch purchase. Please contact your Client Success Manager with any questions.
Defining the table columns
In TargetWatch, the records (physicians or facilities) are presented in rows, with various columns of data for each record. Columns with a description with white text can be clicked to sort by that column. Clicking the column again will switch between ascending and descending order.
The following columns provide demographic, decile and count rankings in various categories for the facilities:
- Sub Reports: This area provides additional information about a physician or agency listed in TargetWatch. Please see the Help Desk article Icon Key for Home Health & Hospice for more information on sub-reports.
- Assigned Owner(s): These are the sales representatives assigned to each record in PlayMaker. This allows you to see at a glance whether an agency has been assigned a sales representative.
- Name: This is the name that the agency bills through Medicare.
- Owner Name: If the agency is owned by another agency or company, the owner’s name will be listed here.
- Address, City, State, ZIP code: These are the demographic details tied to each facility.
- NPI: This is the agency’s National Provider Identifier number, if available.
- Total Patient Volume (SNF tab only): This is a decile ranking of the total volume of patient discharges for each facility.
- Total Patient Count (SNF tab only): This is a count of how many total unique patients were discharged by each facility. For patient privacy, the smallest number displayed in count columns is 11.
- HHA Discharge Decile (SNF tab only): This is a decile ranking of the volume of patients discharged to home health.
- HHA Discharge Count (SNF tab only): This is the count of unique patients that were discharged by each facility to home health. For patient privacy, the smallest number displayed in count columns is 11.
- Readmit Rate: This is the measurements of the agency’s patients who are non-elective, repeat admissions within 30 days of discharge.
- County: This is the county demographic detail tied to each agency.
- Year: This is the year that the claims data was adjudicated.