The TargetWatch interface provides access to several sets of data. Each set of data is represented on a tab at the top of the records table, just below the heat map. Clicking on a tab will bring the data to the front, making it the active tab. This article reviews the Hospice (HOS) Agency tab.
The Year pull-down menu (just below the left side of the tabs) allows you to toggle to a specific year of data you have purchased. By default, the most recent set of data will be displayed.
Note: The Market Intelligence Data used in this program is derived largely from Medicare and is dependent on Medicare’s reporting. To determine the reporting period for the year selected, please refer to the TargetWatch Data: Reporting Periods article. If additional years are not available, they may not have been included with your TargetWatch purchase. Please contact your Client Success Manager with any questions.
Defining the table columns
In TargetWatch, the records (physicians or facilities) are presented in rows, with various columns of data for each record. Columns with a description with white text can be clicked to sort by that column. Clicking the column again will switch between ascending and descending order.
The following columns provide demographic, decile and count rankings in various categories for the agencies:
- Sub Reports: This area provides additional information about a physician or agency listed in TargetWatch. Please see the Help Desk article Icon Key for Home Health & Hospice for more information on sub-reports.
- Assigned Owner(s): These are the sales representatives assigned to each record in PlayMaker. This allows you to see at a glance whether an agency has been assigned a sales representative.
- Name: This is the name that the agency bills through Medicare.
- Owner Name: If the agency is owned by another agency or company, the owner’s name will be listed here.
- Address, City, State, ZIP code: These are the demographic details tied to the NPI of each facility.
- NPI: This is the agency’s National Provider Identifier number, if available.
- Hospice Influence Network: This is a measurement of the agency’s hospice influence nationally. Please see the Hospice Influence Network article for more information.
- All Hospice: This is a decile ranking of the volume of hospice patients that are treated by this agency.
- Cancer: This is a measurement of the agency’s patient volume for cancer.
- CHF: This is a measurement of the agency’s patient volume for Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).
- COPD: This is a measurement of the agency’s patient volume for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Debility: This is a measurement of the agency’s patient volume for debility.
- Dementia: This is a measurement of the agency’s patient volume for dementia.
- Rank Type: This designates the source of the decile rankings represented in the respective tab. Options include county, state, and national. The most common designation will be county. However, if the data is not available at that level, another level will be used.
After the Rank Type column, Hospice Compare Ratings are listed.
- Hospice Compare Ratings: PlayMaker Market Data captures Medicare’s Hospice Compare ratings help you quickly and easily assess the patient experience of care information provided on Hospice Compare. The following ratings are included:
- Treatment Preferences
- Beliefs / Values Addressed
- Pain Screening
- Pain Assessment
- Dyspnea Screening
- Dyspnea Treatment
- Patient Treated with an Opioid who are Given Bowel Regiments
CAHPS Survey Data
- Communication with Family
- Getting Timely Help
- Treating Patient with Respect
- Emotional and Spiritual Support
- Help for Pain and Symptoms
- Training Family to Care for Patient
- Rating of Hospice Care
- Willingness to Recommend This Hospice
Following the above Hospice Compare Ratings are the last two columns:
- County: This is the county demographic detail tied to each agency.
- Year: This is the year that the claims data was adjudicated.