Increasing market share is always a top priority. Occasionally you will target a provider found in TargetWatch, add them as a Contact in your PlayMaker account and find that your organization does not currently do business with the facility this doctor is associated with.
If you have already tried to associate an Account (facility) with this provider from the Contacts Details page, and the provider's facility does not display after conducting a search, a search in the Referral Source Database (NPI Database) will be necessary.
Note: To avoid duplicates, please review Prospecting in TargetWatch Best Practice before attempting a Referral Source Database search.
Why does a Contact need to be associated with an Account or Facility?
The ACE Process dictates the required workflow. Whenever you request ownership of a Contact from TargetWatch an Account needs to be associated with the Contact prior to creating an Event to begin building a relationship with this contact.
Add an Account from the NPI Database
- You will need to know the name of the facility this provider is doing business out of before you can begin a search from the Referral Source Database.
- If you don't know the facility name, you can use the phone number provided in the TargetWatch data to call and inquire
- Obtain the name of the facility
- Confirm the facility address
Enter Search Options
- Search (=Name of a facility)
- Zip Code
- Sort By
- Use the demographic information provided in the TargetWatch data to narrow the search in the Referral Source Database
- Click Search
- Select the facility from the list that appears
- Click - Add Selected to My Accounts
- Click Add
- Click OK
Associate an Account to the Contact
Once you have added the necessary Account from the Referral Source Database, you can continue to Associate the Account (facility) to the Contact
Go to the Contact Details page of the targeted provider to add the Account
- From the Recent Items list select the new contact
- Select Edit from the top of the Contact Details page
- Tap on the magnifying glass next to Accounts
- Type the name of the facility that you just added from the Referral Source Database into the Name search field
- Add other demographic information as necessary if you have a large territory
- Click Search
- Select the Account from the data table
- Notice the facility name has been added to the Account field
- Click Save
- When the page refreshes, the Account will be associated with the target contact
To complete the ACE process, create an Event to go see your new contact and start building a strong relationship!