Branch information on Referrals in your PlayMaker Spark account is essential for accurate reporting. If Branch information is missing on referrals in your account, referral volume will be inaccurate, and it will appear that referrals are missing when you are looking on the Overview page.
Branch information is best added by your organization's "intake team" at the time the referral is entered into your EHR, this is considered Industry Best Practice. However, this doesn't always occur. This article will walk you through utilizing the Mass Update feature at the Branch level to ensure all your referrals are properly assigned and your Overview page displays accurately.
Note: An All Referrals - Missing Branch view is required before you can perform a Mass Update by Missing Branch. Follow the steps below if this view is missing from your Change View drop-down.
How to create an All Referrals - Missing Branch view
- From the All Referrals Tab
- click Edit View
- Select Duplicate View
- Type All Referrals - Missing Branch in the Duplicate View field
- Click OK
- Notice All Referrals - Missing Branch is now your new view
Step 4: Advanced Filter Criteria
- From the Field drop-down select Branch
- Value remains blank
In step 7: Restrict Visibility
- Select Visible to me
- Set default view to No
- Click Save
- Your view is now All Referrals - Missing Branch
- Notice the Branch column is empty
- All Referrals - Missing Branch will now be available for future viewing via the Change View drop-down
Now that you know how many referrals without Branches exist in your account, you can begin the clean-up process using the Mass Update feature
- Select the Referrals you wish to assign to a particular Branch
- From the Bulk action drop-down click Mass Update
As you can see, Branch isn't the only field available to update via the Mass Update functionality!
- Click Branch
- Click Continue
- Choose the assigning Branch
- Click Continue
- Select the Back option if changes need to be made
- Save Updates
- Or go Back to make a correction
- Notice the system will confirm the number of updated records
- Return to the Referrals view to continue the task of reassigning Orders by Branch