The Agencies data grid gives you a high-level overview of the Hospice Agencies in your territory. Market Insights helps you prospect by giving you data regarding your competitive landscape, as well as how your agency performs.
On any page of Market Insights, you can changed the territory you've searched.
Hospice Agency Details
- Agencies, NPI, and location: Sorted by annual admits in descending order
- Annual admits: Admits for the past full four quarters.
- Percent of total: Market share of each hospice agency, which is the annual admits of the agency compared to total admits of the territory
- Readmit percentage: Percent of patients readmitted to a hospital from the agency compared to the annual admits of the agency
- Ratings: Survey ratings from CMS help you gather a better of picture of satisfaction and quality of care of the agency.
- Average Daily Census: Average population of patients daily admitted to the agency
- LOS: Length of Stay of patients admitted to the hospice agency.
Hospice Agency Trends:
- Trends: Nine quarters of trended admits
- Annual admits: Admits for the past four full quarters
- Y/Y Change: Last four full quarters compared to the previous four full quarters
- As Admissions/As Percent: Select either As Admissions to the see the trends as an integer or select As Percent to see the percent of admits trended
How to identify specific traits of an agency
- Patient vs Agency Address:
- Patient Address sorts by the address of patients that live within the territory searched. This means that you may see data for agencies outside of your searched area as some patients have traveled for service.
- The Agency Address selection will display agencies that are housed within the searched area.
- Filter the data for ranges of annual admits, percent of total, readmit percentage, Star and Survey ratings, PPS$, LUPA%, and diagnosis groups and quartiles
- Filter by a diagnosis group to sort data and compare agencies servicing those groups.
- Sorting by the quartiles filters by the amount of patients admitted to the agency with that diagnosis. Quartiles are measured by top quartile (the most admits) upper middle quartile, lower middle quartile, and lower quartile (the lowest amount of admits).
- Search: You can use the search bar at the top of the grids to search for specific NPIs, agencies, locations, etc.
Hospice Agency Profile Pages
Click the name of the agency on the grid to navigate to the profile pages for specific data pertaining to each agency.
- Demographics: Agency’s name, NPI, address, and phone number
- Ratings: Survey ratings
- Annual admits: admits for the past full four quarters
- Admissions by Year to the Agency:
- Attending Physicians: Top five attending physicians based on annual admits and the previous two years of annual admits. Click See More to see additional attending physicians admitting patients to the agency.
- Referral Sources: Top five referral sources based on annual admits and the previous two years of annual admits. Click See More to see additional referral sources admitting patients to the agency.
- Admissions to Home Health Agency by County
- The counties that have patient admits to the agency, annual admits of the agency within counties, and the market share of the agency within the counties listed.
- Admissions for the Top Diagnosis Groups by Quartile
- Groupings of diagnoses and the county and state rank by quartile
- Quartiles are the amount of admits that fall within that diagnosis group and are ranked top quartile, upper middle, lower middle, and lower quartile.
Hospice Agency Subreports
To access the subreports from the agency grid, click on the "More" button and select Attending Physician or Referral Source from the drop down.
Hospice Agency Attending Physicians
- Attending Physicians: Admits to the agency sorted descending by annual admits by physician.
- Annual admits: Admits in the last four full quarters of the physician to the selected agency. This is not the total annual admits of the physician (See Attending Physician)
- Percent of total: Breakdown of the total admits of the agency attributed to each of the physicians
- LOS: Length of Stay of patients admitted to the agency by the attending physician
- Primary Agency: Agency that receives the most admissions from the attending physician
- Agency Count: Count of agencies that receive admits from this attending physician
Hospice Agency Referral Sources
- Referral Source: Facility where a hospice admission is discharged from in the 15 days prior to start of care; when there is no previous facility the attending physician is given credit for the referral.
- Annual admits: Admits within the last full four quarters from that referral source to the agency. This is not the total annual admits of the referral source (See Referral Sources)
- Percent of total: Breakdown of the total admits to the agency attributed to each referral source.
- LOS: Length of Stay of patients admitted to the agency by the referral source
- Primary Agency: Agency that receives the most referrals from that source
- Agency Count: Count of agencies that receive admits from the entity as a referral source