Use the links below to skip to a certain section of this article:
What indicates that a contact has an email address when creating an event?
- When you create an event on the web in PlayMaker Spark and invite a contact, the contact will change color if the "Email" field is not filled in for that record. For example:
The attendee above has a valid email entered in the "Email" field on their contact record.
The attendee above does not have a valid email entered in the "Email" field on their contact record.
Note: There are no visual indicators on mobile events that show whether a contact has an email address entered into the "Email" field.
Does the email address have to be valid?
- The PlayMaker application will not indicate if the email address is valid or complete. The email field is a text box and the application only shows whether or not information has been entered into this field.
What does "No Answer" and "Not Invited" mean?
- The Response column indicates whether a recipient has responded to your email. If an email is not sent then the field displays the same information as a recipient who has not replied. The icon and text displayed will vary depending on device's operating system (OS) where it was created. For example:
This event was created on an iOS device.
This event was created in the web version of PlayMaker or on an Android device.
What does the "Send a copy of this event to my email" option do?
- This option sends an .iCal attachment to you (the owner of the event) so that you do not have to block off your time manually in other calendar applications.
- The .iCal is ONLY sent to the email address within your profile. It includes the start and end time of the event and Event Purpose and Expected Outcome section of the event.
Selecting this checkbox will send a meeting invitation to your email.
Sample event: The Subject will appear as the Meeting Invite on your calendar.
Sample event: The Event Purpose and Expected Outcome is what will appear on your calendar as the event title on your calendar.
What does the "Send email updates to all attendees" option do?
- Similar to the option to "Send a copy of this event to my email," an email invitation is sent to the contact so long as they have a valid email address entered per above.
Selecting this checkbox will send an email notification to all attendees with a valid email address.
Sample event: The email that your attendee(s) will receive.
Do my associated contacts receive a copy of my event?
- Associated Contacts will only receive a copy of the event if 1) they have a valid email address on file 2) they are selected as an attendee of the event and 3) the "Send email updates to all attendees" option is selected.