As a platform dedicated to post-acute marketing needs, we know that you're often in areas of poor signal strength - or no signal at all! - while you're out in the field. One of the ways we keep you connected, regardless of signal strength, is with the Offline Mode feature of the Spark mobile app.
Once logged in, Offline Mode allows you to continue to use the mobile application - even if you lose signal connection on your mobile device.
The Home tab in both iOS and Android apps will confirm if the app is in Online or Offline mode.
Tasks you can do while offline:
- Create/edit/view events
- Create/edit/view accounts and contacts
Please note, while in offline mode:
- Updates/changes made will not show in the web until a connection is made
- No updates will be received and events/edit/adds will remain pending sync in the offline queue
The Offline Queue presents a list, or queue, of all saved edits that have been cached on your device, whether in online or offline mode. Checking the queue before logging out at the end of the day is an excellent way to ensure that all updates have been synced with the server.
- Your Offline Queue can be found under Menu >> Settings >> Offline Queue
- If your Offline Queue has cached updates, they will appear as a list in your queue
To clear your queue, connect to a strong signal (cellular or wi-fi) and ensure your app shows in Online Mode, then sync the mobile application by tapping on the circular-arrows icon.
The queue will clear when all updates have synced to the server.