From the Overview tab, scroll to the bottom of the screen, You will see your scheduled events.
First, ensure that your event has an associated account and contact(s). For this guide we had a scheduled lunch at the Demo Medical Office. Once confirmed, proceed by clicking the Create link that is displayed under the Expense column.
You will then be brought to a new screen to verify/enter in expense information.
Step 1: Enter the following information
- Date of Expense – automatically populated, ensure it is correct
- Expense Amount – enter the dollar value in that is listed on receipt of purchase
- Category – select the proper category for why the expense occurred
- Business Purpose – this will auto-populate from calendar event, but can be edited for expense
- Method – how the expense was paid for
- Reimbursed – if this expense will be reimbursed select ‘Yes’
- Original Receipt – select ‘yes’ if a receipt will be attached and uploaded
- Account – this will auto-populate if event has an associated Account, if it doesn’t you will need to add it
Step 2 : Attach Receipt
- Select if you would like the associated contacts to the event to be added to the expense
Note: you can remove or add contacts if needed
- Upload the attachment with a picture or scan of the receipt
Step 3 : Validate Contact Details
- Ensure your contacts are added and that the contact type is accurate and up to date. It is also very important that your contacts have an ‘NPI Number’ and ‘Contact Type’ associated to them.
- If contacts do not have a ‘Contact Type’ you can change it on this page and it will be updated permanently.
Step 4 : Review i-COMPLI Calculator
- The final step shows the only contacts that will be affected by the Stark regulations. In this example you will notice the Office Administrator “Peter Fakeman” is not included.
- The entire expense amount will only be split amongst the contacts who are physicians, such as “Joe Brown” and “Allyson Howle”
Once you complete, click Save to save your expense.